I’m finally sitting down to write my official acceptance blog. Miss Four Eyes nominated me for two awards, the “Inspiring Blog Award” and “One Lovely Blog Award.” As I said before, I am oh so very flattered by this. Miss Four Eyes is a thoughtful and funny writer and I feel proud that she enjoys reading my blog.
The last few days it finally dawned on me that I’ve become a blogger. It’s something I want to be good at instead of just something I do in my spare time. I am still exploring other blogs all the time and finding new writers to enjoy. I have so much to learn about the land of the blog. It’s exciting. The idea that even one person finds my blog “lovely” or “inspiring” means a lot to me.
Here are seven random things about me:
1. One of my favorite things in life is when I hear a song for the first time and it literally stops me in my tracks.
3. You probably wouldn’t guess it by looking at me, but I love to get manicures, pedicures and anything related to having someone help me with my grooming and hygiene. If I was extremely wealthy I would hire someone to do my hair, make up, and styling every day.
4. I had no contact with my biological father until I was 25 years old. I didn’t meet him in person until I was 31.
5. My not so secret life dream is to run my own record label. I think I’m going to do it soon.
6. I’ve met Bruce Campbell three times in my life. He is one of my favorite people on the planet. After loving him for almost two decades, he remains at the top of my list. You know, the list? Come on, we all have one.
7. I have only been outside of the United States one time in my whole life. I went to Costa Rica for my honeymoon. When my husband and I get old and kick the kids out of our house, we plan to travel all over the world.
And now onto my nominations. I want to say that all the blogs I read are inspiring to me in some way. I admire all of you bloggers who are putting yourselves out there. It takes balls! The following are blogs that I have found that have moved me, made me laugh, inspired me, have given me things to think about, and are indeed lovely. I pass on both awards to all of them.
I’m still new to blog etiquette so I really hope I didn’t miss anything here. Also, I want to say that if I didn’t include your blog in the “lovely and inspiring” category it doesn’t mean I don’t absolutely love your blog. I want to invent new blog awards for all my favorites. Ones like “Filthy and Fun” (Kyle Mew) and “Just Plain Hilarious” (Calahan). Can I do that? You tell me. You know more about this stuff than I do.
I also want to stress to the blog writers I mentioned here that I am aware that many of you have been nominated for these awards in the recent past and I do not expect you to go to all the trouble of writing another blog like this one! Just wanted to give you guys some kudos.
A big thank you to my readers. You have my deepest gratitude.